The Forests of Haida Gwaii - Affectionately called my office

The Forests of Haida Gwaii - Affectionately called my office

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Business Of Art Practice... being back at school

I originally started a blog because someone told me it was a way to post images of my work online for free. Creating a website was my ultimate goal, but I was deeply committed to painting everyday and was not very excited about taking the time to learn how to build a website.

Then I was faced with the dilemma of my home filling up with work - I had to find a way to connect the work with an audience beyond my family

If you look at the gap between the date I last posted and now you will see how poorly I have managed the 'business side' of my Art Making Practice.

So here I am - making a concerted effort to manage the art making and the business portion of my chosen career. I am taking a class at the Emily Carr School in Vancouver, trying to pull it all together under the guidance of instructor Chris Tyrell - who by the way is a treasure chest of knowledge and experience - I am so very thankful!

I will continue to make an effort to maintain this blog as it was made very clear to me during CEPD 190 The Business Of Art Practice that the art buyer has an interest in the narrative behind the images the artist presents.

Let me share my journey as it unfolds...

No comments: